Hello and Happy New Year to all of our supporters;
It has been said, that in hard times, we should look for the doers – those who inspire us to press on in the midst of challenges times. For LvA, it’s:
- the leaders in our community that confronted these challenges head on,
- our partners who stepped up their commitments to ensure we were able to continue our work when it was needed most,
- and our own staff who worked tirelessly to provide critical services to victims of gender-based violence throughout the year.
With your support, we were able to assist 268 victims in 2020.
- providing direct legal services to over 200 clients
- facilitating over 800 therapy and counselling sessions
- reaching over 16,000 community members throughout outreach and educational workshops
As we look ahead to 2021, we are excited to share that we’ve just opened our second LvA Centre in the community of Orange Farm and are looking forward to serving that community in addition to continuing our work in Diepsloot.
We look forward to your continued support this year as we pursue our mission to strengthen the justice system’s response to gender-based violence so that the system works for all victims of violence.